Alcester Grammar School places great emphasis upon high levels of attendance and punctuality, believing this to be a vital component in ensuring students gain maximum benefit from their school experience, as well as preparing them for later life in the workplace.
A student absence must be reported by a parent/carer by 8.50AM latest, each and every morning of absence. Please contact the school each and every day of your child's absence. Our telephone system allows you to leave a message.
|Years 7 -email@example.com|
Please provide the following key information:
- Student name
- The reason for their absence
- How long you expect the absence to last
In the event that we have not heard from a parent/carer, we will make contact via text or phone call as soon as possible.
Leave of Absence Request
Only exceptional circumstances warrant an authorised leave of absence. Parents/carers should make any request well in advance in writing. Requests for absence for reasons such as compassionate leave, special family events, sporting or musical competitions, etc., should be made in the same way.
All requests are considered individually, taking into account the circumstances of the request.
|Years 7 -11||Absent Request Form Click Here|
|Sixth Form||Please email firstname.lastname@example.org|
Important Information for Parents/Carers
- The Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 as amended by Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2013 no longer permit Head Teachers to authorise leave for holidays
- Head Teachers may grant leave of absence in exceptional circumstances
- If the exceptional circumstances are agreed, the Head Teacher will determine the length of the absence authorised
- Requests for Leave of Absence should made before any arrangements confirmed or money committed
- If Leave of Absence is granted please contact school to discuss measures to minimise the impact of the absence on your child’s academic progress
- This form MUST be completed by the parent(s)/resident parent/carer(s) before requests will be considered
- Please complete a Leave of Absence form for each child
Please note: Parents do not have any entitlement to take their child on holiday during term time.